Thursday, November 03, 2005

Attractive Nuisance

Wow. It has been incredibly difficult to get back into writing lately. I'?m not quite sure what the problem is. I suppose that fact that we have this wonderful little baby is a little distracting. But there is more to it than that.

I'm continually drawn to the "attractive nuisance." I like to fiddle and tweak my system endlessly. I am working hard to focus (at least at work) on the task at hand, and not optimize, defrag, scan, repair, or fiddle with my perfectly-fine working system.

I am one of these people who will spend hours messing with productivity-enhancing and time management systems (like my favorite these days, Getting Things Done) but will avoid doing the actual work. It has been a great relief and inspiration to find that I'm not the only one.

There is much to write about. Let's see what the next few days actually brings. Some topics to consider:
  1. Our lovely new daughter, Kathryn.
  2. A really interesting course on Agile Development that I'm taking today and tomorrow.
  3. Two fascinating articles on differences between races and genders.
For now, I'll take the easy route and post a few pictures.

No comments: